Glossary - D
Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Extract
- Rich in Vitamin A and other nutrients. Soothes, heals and purifies.
- Is water that has been demineralized by a chemical filtration system so that the common minerals such as calcium, sodium, iron, etc have been removed. It is extremely pure and leaves no residue.
- surgical removal of skin blemishes or imperfections (as scars or tattoos) by abrasion
- Used as a binding agent.
Diacetyl Boldine (Lumiskin™)
- Naturally derived from the bark of a Chilean tree, it is a potent antioxidant that brightens and evens skin tone. Acts as a skin brightener by stabilizing tyrosinase in its inactive form.
- Acts by strengthening the root of the hairs by preventing the stiffening of collagen, one of the predominant causes for premature falling of eyelash hair. By strengthening the hair root follicle, the anagen phase is extended, resulting in thicker, fuller and longer lashes.
Diethylhexyl 2, 6-Naphthalate
- UV Absorber with conditioning properties.
- An oil-free, moisturizing ingredient that helps protect and condition skin and self-adjusts to absorb only where needed. Conditions and protects skin.
- A silicone based polymer used as a conditioning agent.
Dimethyl Sulfone (MSM)
- Essential to the structure of collagen; an ingredient which supplies sulfur to the skin. Since sulfur has been found to be present in the amino acids that comprise collagen it is believed that incorporating sulfur into skincare products and into a healthy diet could have a huge impact on skin health and preventing - even reversing - the signs of premature aging.
- Promotes regeneration by increasing skin's protein synthesis and amino acid uptake. Has healing and anti-inflammatory properties.
- A synthetic peptide containing valine and tryptophan.
Dipeptide Diaminobutyroyl Benzylamide Diacetate
- A peptide complex which mimics the neuromuscular blocking compound found in the Temple Viper snake. The sequence of the amino acids in Syn-ake® blocks the acetylcholine receptor site in the muscle tissue, thus blocking involuntary muscle contractions in the face which lead to wrinkles.
Dioscorea Villosa (Wild Yam) Root Extract
- Antioxidant anti-inflammatory. Contains skin lightening agents.
- A chelating agent that helps bind the free radicals and impurities, allowing active ingredients to work effectively.
- A mild amphoteric surfactant of sunshine color, low viscosity, low irritation, high foamability and thickening ability.
Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate
- A mild, biodegradable surfactant with foaming and degreasing capacities.
DN-AGE (Cassia Alata)
- An extract of the Candle Tree; it protects mitochondrial DNA against UV damage, supports the natural repairing process of cells and fights against skin photo-aging.
Durian Cell Reform
Durian Cell Reform is a proprietary blend of Durian Extract and Glycolic Acid that forms synergistic cell turnover and active ingredient delivery system. The Durian seed contains numerous fatty acids - notably, palmitic, oleic
There are no products listed under this category.