Glossary - F
- Widely found throughout the plant world and in many essential oils. It inhibits bacterial growth and has antioxidant properties.
- Connective-tissue cells that secrete proteins, especially collagen, from which the extracellular matrix of connective tissue forms.
- A proteolytic, or protein digesting enzyme which comes from fig sap.
Flax Seed Oil
- Derived from the seeds of the flax plant, a rich source of alpha-linolenic acid, which is an Omega-3 fatty acid. Omega-3 fatty acids are essential for healthy skin function, but are not produced by the body.
Fomes Officinalis (Mushroom) Extract
- A natural astringent shown to improve skin tightness and firmness as it diminishes the appearance of pores.
Can help to hydrate, firm, improve skin's radiance and can help provide some immune protection for the skin.
- one that is produced in the body by natural biological processes or introduced from an outside source (as tobacco smoke, toxins, or pollutants) and that can damage cells, proteins, and DNA by altering their chemical structure
Fructiooligosaccharide (Beta Fructan)
- A polysaccharide that stimulates the immune function of the skin. It balances skin's moisture retention, helps skin to self-moisturize and acts as an anti-inflammatory.
Fucus (Bladderwrack) Vesiculosus Extract
- Nutritional, antioxidant.