Glossary - L
- A hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acid that gently exfoliates while improving skin tone and texture including pigmentation discolorations and fine lines. Lactic acid is absorbed across the stratum corneum and assists in cell detachment from that level. The resulting smoothness and flexibility of the skin’s surface is evident soon after application. It has a larger molecular size than glycolic acid and is absorbed more gradually across the epidermis with less irritation.
Lactobacillus (Pumpkin) Ferment Exfract
- Fruit enzyme naturally rich in antioxidant bioflavonoids and Vitamin A that assist in breaking down dead and irregular cellular build up.
Lactobacillus/Punica Granatum Fruit Ferment Extract
- An enzyme that comes from fermented Pomegranate. It is used for exfoliation.
- A polysaccharide composed of fructose units which acts as a natural emulsifier and emulsion stabilizer.
- An emulsifier and surfactant.
- An emulsifier and surfactant.
- An emulsifier and surfactant with skin-cleansing properties.
- Surfactant and cleansing agent.
Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract
- Antiseptic, antibacterial and analgesic.
Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil
- Cleanses and naturally soothes and heals. Normalizes oil production and has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and analgesic properties.
Lavandula Hybrida (Lavandin) Oil
- Soothes the skin and has antioxidant and antiseptic properties.
- The most versatile of all essential oils. Lavender oil is excellent for promoting healing and for balancing the skin. It is an antiseptic, analgesic, antibiotic, antidepressant. It helps to reduce scarring and also stimulates the growth of new cells.
Lawsonia Inermis (Henna) Extract
- Skin conditioning and antimicrobial agent.
- A natural B Vitamin-rich antioxidant and emollient. Attracts water for increased moisture content in the skin. A protein source and the most common phospholipid in the body.
Leotopodium Alpinum Meristem Cell Culture (Edelweiss Plant)
- Contains potent adaptogens that help the body’s ability to adapt to internal and external stressors. Rich in stem cells with the capacity to regenerate tissue.
- Cleansing and purifying to the skin, the oil is used for its excellent antiseptic properties on the skin. Helps normalize oil production and reduce breakouts.
Lentinus Edodoes (Shiitake Mushroom) Extract
- Has natural Kojic Acid content for brightening. It is also an antioxidant with anti-microbial properties.
Leontopodium Alpinum Meristem Cell Culture
- Edelweiss, a herbaceous plant that grows on mountain ranges has developed many defense mechanisms to survive the extreme heights and high level of UV radiation. In vitro cultures of this plant's stem cells produce powerful antioxidants and other substances wrth anti-inflammatory and cell protecting properties. Clinical evidence shows reduction of eye contour wrinkles, prevention of aging and photo aging as well as prevention of collagen loss.
- Credited with a wide variety of properties including anti-inflammatory, circulation stimulating, healing, antimicrobial, and anti-irritant. Promotes the removal of wastes from the skin and has a high vitamin E content that can help the skin regain elasticity, clarity and suppleness.
Linalool (aka Linalol)
- A naturally sourced terpene alcohol chemical present in many flowers and spice plants with lots of commercial applications, nearly all which derive from its enjoyable scent (floral, with a little spiciness)
Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Oil
- Soothing and emollient.
LipoBrite (PEG-4, Hydroxycinnamic Acid)
- A gentle brightener with natural antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate
- Bulking, controls formula viscosity.
- also called age spots
Longevicell (Hydrolyzed Myrtus Communis Myrtle Leaf Extract)
- A Mediterranean shrub rich in oligogalacturonans. An effective cell regenerator that inhibits the glycation of collagen and limits the appearance of signs of aging.
Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract
- Conditions skin. Also used for its scent.
Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract
- Conditions skin.
Lotus Japonicus Symbiosome Extract
- A free radical scavenger that has unique lightening properties and promotes even skin tone.
Lycium Barbarum (Goji Berry) Fruit Extract
- From the Tibetan Goji Berry, long used in Traditional Chinese Medicine. The glycopeptides from a rigid lifting mesh to support sagging and wrinkled skin to create an immediate and visible lift. It further offers long term anti-aging functions via MMP inhibition antioxidant action and collagen stimulation.
- Antioxidant. Protects against free radical damaqe and UV radiation. A red pigment found predominantly in tomatoes (and also in some other fruits) that gives them their color. This carotenoid has antioxidant properties and strengthens cellular integrity and function.
- An essential amino acid needed to build protein and for proper collagen formation.
There are no products listed under this category.