Glossary - J
- a shrub or small tree (Simmondsia chinensis syn. South californica) of the box family of southwestern North America with edible seeds that yield a valuable liquid wax used especially in cosmetics
Jojoba Seed Oil
Oil is an emollient plant oil that is a unique source of wax esters, a component of skin sebum. It is good for skin conditioning and moisture barrier enhancement.
Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Oil
- An essential oil that has a sweet, exotic and richly floral smell. It also soothes, softens and protects sensitive skin.
Jojoba Beads and Oil
- See Simmondsia Chinensis.
- Smooth spheres that provide gentle emollient exfoliation and help deliver active ingredients directly to the skin.
Juniperus Communis Fruit Extract
- An astringent and toning extract, which promotes circulation and helps to detoxify the skin.