Glossary - G
- See Aminobutyric Acid.
- A skin brightener, powerful antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial ingredient with antibacterial and antiviral activities. As a skin lightener, it inhibits tyrosinase, decreasing melanin synthesis. As an antioxidant it inhibits lipid peroxidation and the consequent damage to biological membranes.
Ganoderma Lucidum (Mushroom) Extract
- Possesses extensive healing powers. It has high antioxidant properties that prevent aging of human tissues. In addition it contains natural tyrosine inhibiting abilities.
Gardenia Jasminoides Callus Culture
- Originally derived from a South Asian evergreen shrub, these healing and regenerative cells are specially cultivated to generate cultures with up to 1000 times the active molecule concentration. They act as nature-made liposomes and deliver powerful antioxidants and cell regenerating molecules. Their moisturizing phytosterols and polysaccharides protect the skin's extracellular matrix from degradation and help stimulate collagen production to improve skin tone, elasticity and minimize wrinkles.
Gaultherla Procumbens (Wintergreen) Leaf Oil
- Anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. Also used for its scent.
- See Soy Isoflavones.
Geraniol (Geranyl Alcohol)
- A terpene alcohol. Produced from plants for example geraniums and lemongrass, it's an extracted plant oil.
- any of a widely distributed genus (Geranium of the family Geraniaceae, the geranium family) of plants having regular usually white, pink, or purple flowers with elongated styles and glands that alternate with the petals -- called also cranesbill
Gladback (Poria Cocos Polysaccharide)
- Effective purified botanical ingredient to diminish the effects of aging and menopause on the skin. It helps the skin to keep the Hyaluronic Acid, increases the skin thickness, its luminosity and microcirculation. Anti-wrinkle effect.
- A hydrophilic free radical scavenger that hydrates and protects the skin from damaging effects of UV radiation.
- Gentle exfoliant, excellent on sensitive skin.
- Gentle exfoliant, excellent on sensitive skin.
- Monosaccharide involved in a range of metabolic processes and a major amino sugar in our skin. Its small molecular size allows D-beta-Glucosamine to penetrate more deeply and thus is more effective. It also makes natural moisturizing factor (NMF). Applied topically it will alleviate skin dryness and facilitate natural exfoliation.
- Serves as a source of energy and metabolic intermediate that is critical in the production of proteins and in lipid metabolism. In plants and most animals, it is a precursor for Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) production.
- An essential tripeptide in the detoxification and antioxidant defense system of the cell. Protects mitochondria from damage and regulates DNA duplication. Helps strengthen and rebuild collagen bonds.
- A crucial element in the antioxidant defense system of the cell. A potent antioxidant amino acid that helps maintain tissue cellular antioxidants; a key ingredient in neutralizing hydrogen peroxide in lipids. Protects mitochondria from damage and regulates DNA duplication. Assists in avoiding wrinkles by strengthening and rebuilding collagen bonds.
- An emollient and thickening agent.
- Softens and smooths skin. Humectant that draws moisture from the air to keep hair and skin moist. Emollient, lubricates and prevents moisture loss, emulsifier (thickener) and diluting agent.
- Solvent, emollient, humectant.
Glyceryl Laurate (aka Monolaurin)
- created from glycerin and lauric acidity, which is made of vegetable oils.
- An emulsifier and emollient. Supports water retention in the skin.
Glyceryl Stearate SE
- An emulsifier.
Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil
- An easily-absorbed source of antioxidants with free-radical scavenging properties. Heals, firms and smooths skin. Natural source of lecithin and Vitamin E.
Glycol Distearate (aka Ethylene Glycol Distearate)
- A thickener, opacifier and pearlizing agent.
Glycolic Acid - Alpha Hydroxy Acid
- an alpha hydroxy acid C2H4O3 found especially in unripe grapes and sugar beets and used especially in textile and leather processing and in skin-care treatments especially as an exfoliant
- An Alpha Hydroxy Acid that stimulates exfoliation and treats photoaging by improving skin texture, uneven pigmentation and fine lines.
Glycosaminoglycans / Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate Complex
- Inhibits metaloproteinases (MMPs) to help prevent the skin aging process.
- An organic compound derived from shredded licorice roots used to enhance the appearance of dry or damaged skin by reducing flaking and restoring suppleness.
Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract
- Licorice extract contains a multitude of different roles. It is a natural anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial and antioxidant. Testing shows that is also has anti-hyaluronidase activity, which means it fights the breakdown of Hyaluronic Acid. In addition, it reduces erythema associated with UV light and inhibits the histamine release. Licorice has also shown to have higher tyrosinase inhibiting properties than either Kojic or Ascorbic Acid.
- Helps stimulate the microcirculation of the skin.
Grapefruit Seed Extract
- a liquid derived from the seeds, pulp, and white membranes of grapefruit. Also known as citrus seed extract
Grape Seed Oil
- A light, thin oil that contains linoleic acid. Grape Seed contains proanthocyanidins, which are very potent antioxidants; helpful for diminishing the sun's damaging effects and lessening free radical damage. Proanthocyanidins are also helpful in wound healing.
Green Tea Extract
- extract made from the Camellia Sinensis plant.
Grossulariaceae Ribes Americanum Oil (Black Currant Oil, Cassis)
- Contains Gamma Linoneic Acid (GLA), a fatty acid used as an emollient, antioxidant, and cell regulator. Considered to promote healthy skin growth and is an anti-flammatory agent. Often combined with Vitamin E to prevent oxidation.
There are no products listed under this category.