Scarguard Professional Prevascar is a branded liquid scar treatment clinically proven to stop new scars from developing and reduce old raised scars. The effective brush-on formulation dries in seconds building an ultra-thin patch that offers silicone, cortisone, and vitamin e into the skin and then dries out in seconds to create a Nanopatch®. The combination of patch and medicine energizes the body to develop collagenase- the enzyme that prevents the development of scar tissue.
Scarguard Professional Prevascar can reduce old, raised scars, and also the scars come from the surgical procedures or after the injury. Published clinical studies have confirmed that having your patients use Scarguard Professional Prevascar after surgery minimizes scar tissue as well as improves your final cosmetic results (see clinical studies tab).
- Wait for approx 1-2 weeks to Allow the skin to fully heal after injury or surgery.
- Clean and dry the affected area without using any cleansers with heavy moisturizers.
- Do not apply moisturizers, body lotion or oil to the skin before applying the product.
- Use the convenient brush to apply and let it dry (approximately 30 seconds).
- Apply twice daily. Use for 3-6 months or until the scar is fixed.
- To Remove: move a piece of scotch tape over the film and lightly lift. Repeat as needed until the entire film is removed.
Active - Silicone, Hydrocortisone 1.0%
Inactive - Vitamin E, Specially-formulated flexible collodion.
- Beckenstein MS, Kuniaki T, Matarasso A, T he Effect of Scarguard on Enzyme Levels Using a Full–Thickness Epidermal Model, Aesthetic Surgery Journal ~ November / December 2004
- Eisen, Drore A Study to Evaluate the Efficacy of Scarguard in the Prevention of Scars: The Int. J of Dermatology. 2004; Volume 5, Number 2.
- Berman, Brian Keloid and Hypertrophic Scars : eMedicine February 11, 2005
- Sadick, Neil S.. A Twenty–First Century Approach to the Management of Keloids and Hypertrophic Scars.. American Journal of Cosmetic Chemistry Vol. 18, No.. 3,, 2001 1–66.